Travelling Wind Turbine Technician – Ingeteam Inc.
Responsible for the operations, maintenance, QA/QC Inspections, commissioning and/or repair of wind turbine generators.
Description of Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the operations, maintenance, QA/QC Inspections, commissioning and/or repair of wind turbine generators
- Troubleshoot complicated mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems including repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions
- Help in all areas of maintenance as directed by manager with minimal supervision
- Carry out any other tasks delegated by the company
- In the performance of your duties, use equipment and resources in accordance with instructions provided by the company
- Follow procedures, instructions and work orders as part of your normal work functions
- Maintains adherence to Company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices. Identifies gaps in safety standards as well as safety risks in the environment and provides recommendations to higher level technical staff and management
General Job Requirements
- 6 months experience as O&M, QA/QC Inspector or Commissioning Wind Technician preferred.
- Must have clean DMV record and ability to operate service trucks as required. No record of DUI (driving under the influence), DWI (driving while impaired), or refusal to test within previous 2 years; no more than 2driving violations or citations of any kind on your motor vehicle record within the previous 3 years; no more than 1 accident (fault or no-fault) within previous 3 years.
- Perform required travel for extended periods at a time
- Organization and planning skills
- Oral and written communication
- Analytic skills
- Associate Degree in Engineering or other relevant technical degree required. 3+ years relevant work experience required, in lieu of degree.
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical schematics, technical manuals, procedures and regulations
- OSHA-10, NFPA 70E, First Aid/CPR, Climbing and Tower Rescue certificates.
For more information on this position, contact Natalie.Chapman@ingeteam.com